Sunday, September 13, 2009

Unconventional Paper

I'm trying to use different types of papers for books, besides your basic white stuff. I've used grid paper as book pages in the past; thought this was killer but nobody else seems to like it (at least not enough to buy the book it comes in). My latest adventure with paper is this Japanese-themed sketchbook. The signatures are made of this velvety-black art paper normally intended for chalk or pastel drawings. It gives a very luxurious effect. And it was just lying around before.


Also lying around doing nothing was a stack of premium cardstock I used for printing my wedding invites. So it made a fabulous mini scrapbook! Can't wait to make paper discoveries, especially if they mean less goes to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poke me or prod me: