Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Handmade Mafia and Creepy-in-a-good-way Orange Hall

Sushi's now part of The Family, along with some other talented Edmonton crafters. This Saturday is the Handmade Mafia show, a craft sale that happens once a month, usually in the Whyte Ave area. This show features handmade items from local artists who have made Edmonton's craft scene so cool. This month's event is at both Orange Hall and Savoy in the Strathcona area. I'll be at Orange Hall.


On a side note, I've been to Orange Hall venue many, many times -- and it's a neato place. This little white building is probably a hundred years old, and looks like an olden-days church or town hall. I'm there for it's famous Sugar Swing sugar foot stomps, but I've heard it's also popular for salsa and vampire role-playing (makes sense, as the building has a slightly creepy Salem village feel to it). You should check out the Mafia just to see this historical place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poke me or prod me: