Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fall/winter lineup sneak preview, hooray!

Here's a preview of supercool books to come this fall and winter! I went nuts last weekend and made a whole bunch in prep for some Christmas shows.


This lineup features some really interesting papers. One batch uses this paper that feels like a painter's canvas, and is made of 70% recycled paper. Another batch features fancy UV glitter -- and it is glorious. I'm not usually the glitter type, whether it comes on clothes or chapstick or otherwise, but in this case it looks fantastic and festive. And the glorious part I mentioned: the glitter doesn't come off and shed on everything! Nope, after working with UV glitter paper for hours making books, I can truthfully say these sparkles (tiny bits of mylar, apparently) are stuck in place. I was hoping to locate some detailed info about chemistry of this stuff, for the sake of my nerdy peers in print design, but couldn't find.


These books will be launched officially in the second week of October. I'd do it

sooner but I'm leaving next week for New Orleans, so there's no point in putting a bunch of new stuff in my shop and then going on vacation. I'f you like more sneak peek photos, check out the Sushi Papercraft Facebook fan page -- there's a new album there. Feel welcome to leave any comments or questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poke me or prod me: